NEWS:
Michelle Wie Goes Gluten-Free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Seoul Sisters Golf Forum Index / Wie, Michelle /
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bangkokbobby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Michelle Wie Goes Gluten-Free Reply with quote
from my blog: Michelle Wie Adopts Gluten-Free Diet, Motivated By Tennis #1 Novak Djokovic Fairways and Forehands

2-time LPGA winner Michelle Wie has switched to a gluten-free diet, in part after hearing about the wonders it did for world tennis #1 Novak Djokovic. Both Michelle and Nole suffer from allergies, which going gluten-free is said to help alleviate due to reducing inflammation. At the 2012 HSBC Women’s Champions in Singapore, Michelle says she has been on the diet for three weeks and feels much better. Will it help her win more events? Well…I don’t know. The athleticism of tennis and golf are very different, so I don’t know how much going gluten-free will help a golfer. However, if Michelle feels better and is healthier, which it seems like she is, than I think that is absolutely fantastic, regardless of how she does on the golf course.

“I heard that story that (Novak Djokovic) turned gluten free and became number one in the world. I think it’s really motivating me. I am allergic to everything in this world, I don’t really digest food very well. So I just thought maybe if I cut out gluten, I can feel better because I heard that it causes inflammation, everything… but it’s been week three and I feel a big difference. My joints don’t feel sore as much. I digest food a lot better. My hands feel less swollen so I feel really good.” – Michelle Wie

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Seoul Sisters Golf Forum Index // Wie, Michelle All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: