NEWS:
Mika Miyazato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Seoul Sisters Golf Forum Index / *THE FIELD* /
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chigger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Mika Miyazato Reply with quote
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jzH6hgzTwI-OlMoS8t9MLSsE_vsg

Japanese teenager Mika Miyazato to turn professional

TOKYO — There'll be a second Miyazato on the U.S. LPGA Tour next season.

Japanese golfer Mika Miyazato announced Tuesday she will turn professional after earning a U.S. LPGA Tour card.

The 19-year-old Miyazato, no relation to LPGA regular Ai Miyazato, finished in the top 20 at the LPGA Tour qualifying tournament in Florida on Sunday to earn full playing status for 2009.

She tied for 12th with an 8-under-par total 352 after 90 holes in the qualifying tournament.

"I have only taken the first step in my dream," Miyazato said through her management company. "I'm determined to step up my efforts to meet everyone's expectations."

The younger Miyazato skipped Japanese Q-school in May in order to attend a golf academy in Florida. Now she'll join fellow Japanese golfers Ai Miyazato and Momoko Ueda, who both played on the U.S. LPGA Tour in 2008.

-- Desiderius Erasmus, 1466-1536
The Constructivist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Mika's playing on the JLPGA this week! Reply with quote
In the NEC Karuizawa 72 event. Her 1st time as a pro!
IceCat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
From Mika's blog:

http://imgjapan.weblogs.jp/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2009/10/21/photo.jpg

Kevin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WImLU31G2o8
greentee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The all Orange girl. 2010 she starts winning. And hopefully she is not carrying around Ai's lost monkey. Smile
The Constructivist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: got to interview Mikan at the '10 LPGA Championship... Reply with quote
...and decided to write it up via a comparison with rookie (and Japanese-American) Mina Harigae:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2010/06/tale-of-two-twenty-year-olds-mina.html
The Constructivist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Will this be Mika's week? Reply with quote
She's talking greens in regulation and patience. She gets nervous in majors when she's in contention, though. Let's see how she handles it.
The Constructivist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: nice learning curve! Reply with quote
http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2010/10/japan-womens-open-sunday-mika-miyazato.html
bangkokbobby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
video is on my blog: Mika Miyazato Golf Training Fairways And Forehands

The most celebrated and successful golfer from Okinawa, Japan named Miyazato is 7-time LPGA winner Ai Miyazato. But another Miyazato from Okinawa is making a name for herself as well in the world of golf, 2010 JLPGA Japan Women’s Open champion Mika Miyazato. Although Mika has yet to win on the LPGA (as of 10.5.2011), she has had a fantastic year in 2011. In the season’s four Majors, she finished T7 at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, T8 at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, 5th at the US Open and 14th at the Ricoh Women’s British Open. Here she is working with her swing coach, fitness coach and mental coach.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mika has six top 10's in the past 8 majors. That's just completely amazing - she's become incredibly consistent.

"It's scary to think what I am capable of." - Inbee Park

R.I.P Erica Blasberg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Seoul Sisters Golf Forum Index // *THE FIELD* All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: